October 21-22, 2014
Isparta, TURKEY (SDU Prof. Lütfü Çakmakçı Conference Hall & Barida Hotels)
Say No to be spoon-fed!
Suleyman Demirel University invites all the students from the universities of Turkey to be a participator at the “Say no to be spoon-fed” conference to make friendly relations and enjoy spending time together in one of the most beautiful places of our country, the other name to which is “the region of roses and lakes”. Visiting historical places is sure to enhance your impression on Isparta, too.
Prof. Dr. Hasan İBİCİOĞLU, SDU Rector, Honorary Chairman
Prof. Dr. Hüseynaga RZAYEV, Co-chair
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ömer ŞEKERCİ, Co-chair
Res. Assist. Yasemen KİRİŞ YATAĞAN, Vice-chair
Res. Assist. İlker ÖZÇELİK, Vice-chair
Havva Sümeyra PEKTAŞ
Ahmed Muhammed BEDU
Mustafa Murat AVCI
Noam Chomsky, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Prof. Dr. Mustafa KAÇALİN, The Turkish Language Association
Prof. Dr. Noam CHOMSKY, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Prof. Dr. İbrahim YEREBAKAN, Recep Tayyip Erdogan University
Prof. Dr. Mehmet TAKKAÇ, Ataturk University
Prof. Dr. İsmail Hakkı MİRİCİ, Hacettepe University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Ali CELİKEL, Pamukkale University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Cemal KARAATA, Fatih University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eda ÜSTÜNEL, Mugla Sıtkı Kocman University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sevki KÖMÜR, Mugla Sıtkı Kocman University
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Arda ARIKAN, Akdeniz University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Oya BÜYÜKYAVUZ, Suleyman Demirel University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Nazlı BAYKAL, Suleyman Demirel University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Kağan BÜYÜKKARCI, Suleyman Demirel University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Amine RZAYEV, Suleyman Demirel University
The conference invites papers that investigate topics in the following streams:
1. Reviewing/critical analysis of various linguistic/literary trends in English and Turkish Linguistics and Literature
2. Contrastive Studies in English and Turkish (Languages and Literatures)
3. Application of research
4. Principles and use of interdisciplinary approach in teaching related fields
5. Interplay of language skills
6. Labour division in and structuration of
7. Analytical principles and procedures
8. Critical reviewing of available field literature
9. Connections between theory and practice
Types of presentations
Participants are invited to submit abstracts of papers, workshops or posters to the congress.
All types of presentations will be in English and Turkish
Paper presentations on any of the themes listed above are invited. The paper presenters are kindly asked to restrict their presentations to 15 minutes followed by 3 minutes for discussion led by the chair of the session, and Q&A as well. Each presentation is expected to have a total duration of 18 minutes.
Criteria for Acceptance
All abstracts will be blind reviewed by the Editorial Board. Relevance to the themes of the congress and originality of approach are key considerations in the acceptance of papers, workshops and posters. The Board reserves the right to decline paper/workshop/poster proposals without assigning reasons.
Presenters of papers, workshops and posters will receive acceptance letters, thereby facilitating sponsorship from employers.
Video replay equipment, overhead projectors, laptops (with Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010) and data projectors can be supplied if reserved on the registration form. Please request equipment when registering for the congress.
Only those contributions which have been accepted for presentation in Individual Paper Sessions may be selected and submitted for publication in the Proceedings. Submission for publication is optional.
Guidelines for submission of full-papers
1. Manuscripts should be proofread and edited to attain the highest standards of international publication in English. The ICELLL Editorial Board reserves the right to make minor changes to the manuscript’s English and Turkish to ensure accuracy, consistency and comprehension. Authors may use standard British or American spelling, but they must be consistent.
2. By submitting a manuscript, the author is implicitly acknowledging that the manuscript has not been previously published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. It is the author’s responsibility to inform the ICELLL board whether the manuscript submitted is highly similar in content to any work already published by the author (or being considered for publication elsewhere).
3. Manuscripts must be prepared using Microsoft Word (MS Word) 2003 / 2007 / 2010 or compatible programs, single-spaced in Times New Roman font of 12 pt. with a length of between 2,000-3,000 words for the text including the title page, endnotes and references.
4. Name and number the sections throughout the manuscript (introduction, sections, subsections, etc.) to facilitate reading and cross-referencing.
5. Endnotes, when used, should be typed at the end of the main text (before references). Use superscript numbers in the manuscript text for these endnotes.
6. Follow the APA style (American Psychological Association – 6th ed.) for in-text citations and the references list. For information, visit the APA website.
7. Submissions must include a title page including the title, the author’s name (or multiple authors), e-mail address(es), and an abstract of 300 words.
8. Provide a paragraph of about 100 words including the author’s educational background, specializations, research interests, and/or work experience.
9. Submit the full manuscript as an attachment and email it to email@example.com no later than November 16, 2014.
1) October 21, 2014: Prof. Dr. Lütfü Çakmakçı Convention Center, Hall A, West Campus, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta (First Day)
2) October 22, 2014: Golcuk Hall, Kovada Hall & Egirdir Hall, Barida Hotels, Isparta (Second Day)
You can contact the secretariat via:
+90 246 211 41 77 & +90 246 211 35 01
Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi, Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi Batı Dilleri ve Edebiyatı Bölümü, Doğu Kampüsü, Çünür, Isparta, 32100